Saturday, June 21, 2008

Word of the Day, Knockers!

I am on a mission to BLOG about these words in a way least expected. So here it is:
Miss Hayley passed along this great word Knockers, and as a breast cancer survivor of almost 3 years, it has an obvious meaning. Today I am going to talk about the less obvious meaning. As a Real Estate Home stager and house "flipper" I want to talk about the knockers that people put on doors. Now in the country where doorbells are not commonplace, I get why people have door knockers, but in town where doorbells abound, what the heck did anyone ever need to install the knocker for? This is a most perplexing question!!

I am on a mission to flip and stage the stupid ugly walmart knockers off the doors of American houses which already have doorbells (sorry if I have offended anyone, who adores their walmart knockers)! It also goes naturally with the other meaning for knockers, and my word to the wise is- if you are in need of knockers of all kinds... avoid the cheap budget friendly version and opt for the classier expensive version!!

1 comment:

Improgging Fool! said...

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Improgging Fool, that's who.