Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Breast cancer and Chemotherapy side-effects

This isn't quite the fun-blog I normally write, but equally important! I went to one of my monthly support groups last night, and as we often do, we got into the side-effects of chemo-therapy and the only side-effect that I like to talk about is LIFE. I get to be here today because I was aggressive about treating the cancer that I got at the age of 32, and I am here today at age 35 because I didn't and don't worry about any other side-effects. They sucked and they don't matter, they were the means to the rest of my life! Happy living my fellow breast cancer survivors! Choose to LIVE and thrive with cancer, not to suffer from it!

1 comment:

Hayley Townley, Jack of Many Trades said...

There is nothing either one of us can't do!!!!

Cancer made me stronger, more resilient, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!

Love you, Shannon!